Lake Chelan Senior Men’s Golf Division, of the Men’s Golf Association, Senior Division By-Laws
The Lake Chelan Men’s Golf Association Constitution will also be the Senior Men’s Division Constitution.
1. All Meetings will be held on Wednesday, after completion of the round of play.
2. A Spring meeting (May), a Summer meeting (July), and a Fall meeting (September) will be held.
3. Minutes will be recorded by the Secretary/Treasurer, and emailed to all active members and made available in the Club House.
4. An Agenda of the up-coming meeting will be made available one week prior to each meeting at which time members may request additions to the Agenda.
The President is authorized to appoint special committees that are deemed necessary for special functions, e.g. Memorial Tournaments, Field Days, etc.
1. The President shall conduct all Senior Men’s Golf Division meetings and attend committee meetings, as necessary.
2. The President shall email the Members each week prior to golf day to report the previous week winners, to announce the coming week game competitions and to communicate any pertinent Club related news.
The President will a appoint a Vice-President who will be confirmed by the Members at the Fall Meeting.
1. The Vice-President will maintain a roster of all eligible Members which will include their email addresses and phone numbers.
2. The Vice-President will contact Members that have been absent from regular Senior Men’s Club Play and Activities to inquire about their status, to encourage the missing Members to rejoin Club Play and Activities, and to report the missing Member’s status back to the Senior Men’s Group through Meeting Announcements or through Group Email Notices.
1. The Secretary-Treasurer will keep minutes of all meetings and distribute copies to the Members.
2. The Secretary-Treasurer will oversee collection of weekly game competition monies and obtain the monies from the Pro Shop following weekly play.
3. The Secretary-Treasurer will determine the game competition winners following play and transmit the results to the President for publication to the Members.
4. The Secretary-Treasurer will collect the 3-putt fines consisting of $.25 per 3-putt up to a maximum penalty of $1.00 each week per player.
5. The Secretary-Treasurer will assist the President in determining the game competitions for weekly play.
GENERAL RULES GOVERNING PLAY AND PARTICIPATION
1. Eligibility for Group Competition
a. A player must be at least 55 years of age and have a USGA Handicap Index for the determination of a Lake Chelan Golf Course Handicap.
b. A player must have played with the Senior Men’s Golf Division in weekly (Wednesday) play at least four (4) times in the immediate past. (The immediate past can be a carry-over from the previous season.)
c. Guests are welcome to play with Members during weekly play but they may not participate in the game competitions.
2. Handicaps are to be checked by players on the 1st and 15th of every month.
3. The maximum handicap for any player participating in game competitions will be forty (40). Note the maximum handicap for play in a USGA sanctioned tournament is thirty-six (36). All remaining rules will be governed by USGA Rules of Play. Any rules questions will be handled by the Course Professional.
4. If a player is age seventy (70) and has a handicap of thirty (30) or greater from the white tees, he may play from the yellow tees but must reduce his handicap by three (3) strokes according to the course rating difference when playing with the Senior Men’s Golf Group on play day (Wednesday). This is established by the USGA Handicapping System, Section 3-5. The Club House computer provides individual handicaps from each tee box, red, yellow, white and blue. The Club House computer will be used for determination of tee eligibility.
5. Should a player choose not to finish any hole, the scorecard will reflect a “X” for that hole. The recording of a “X” will disqualify the player from being eligible for eighteen (18) hole medal play competition. An exception for a medal play exclusion would be if the competition for that day is nine-hole scores, the player may qualify for the game competition if the hole where the ball was picked up is not one of the nine holes included in the game competition. For posting the score from the round, the score for the “X” hole is to be the Equitable Stroke score. The Equitable Stroke schedule is located near the Club House computer.
6. A ball hit out-of-bounds and a lost ball will be played according to the USGA rules option. The player must hit another ball for a one stroke penalty using the stroke and distance penalty.
GENERAL RULES GOVERNING PLAY FOR FIELD DAYS
1. Eligibility for Field Day participation.
a. Players must be a Member of the Senior Men’s Golf Division.
2. Field Day play will be governed by the Senior Men’s By-Laws Rules of Play, except for the following:
a. The Field Day Captain will determine any changes based on the ground rules of the course being played.
b. Game competition winnings may be paid at the discretion of the Captain rather than by the payout standards established for regular home course play.
3. The announcement of the date for an upcoming Field Day must take place at least two weeks prior to the event. Member payment for Field Day play, as established by the Captain, must be made at least one week prior to the event. This payment is non-refundable.
Revision Date – Summer 2019